Host a Food Drive
We would love your support and creativity in getting additional food for our food pantry. Why not host a food drive at work, or within your community.
Children, teenagers, and adults are all involved in local sports programs, fitness centers, book clubs, Bible Studies, school clubs, work settings, and other non-profit organizations. You can set up tables or collection boxes at your church, school, neighborhood park, office or area store.
We suggest promoting your food drive at least a week in advance and throughout the time frame selected.
- Set your goal and theme. Your goal can be in number of pounds, number of boxes or even number or types of cans collected, as well as money.
- Set a timeframe. This helps add energy and a sense of urgency to your food drive.
- Consider a competition. Fun to do among departments, groups, floors, buildings, classes, etc.
- Determine the types of food you wish to collect. (see our list of most needed items). We request that you promote that no expired food can be accepted.
- Make signs, posters, fliers etc… to share information about the Restoring Hope Food Pantry and your goals in collecting donations.
- Determine the quantity of the following items you will need:
- Containers for collecting food – we suggest small and medium size packing boxes. Food boxes can get heavy!
- For monetary collections have canisters for participants who may also want to make a financial donation.
Please note we cannot accept expired food.
All food donations may be brought to Trinity Klein from 8am to 4pm Monday through Friday. Please contact Neville Symons email@example.com for more information.
Any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org